Now that my computer is up and running, a blog on my Facebook fast seems a little less than timely but you get what you get...
I was off Facebook for over a month! There were meals eaten, crafts done, outings taken, games played, pictures snapped -- all of which fell into that black hole of pre-facebook existence. If you've done something and did not post it to Facebook, did it really happen?
What about you? What about all the stuff I missed from my friends? If I fail to read a newsfeed item, is it still news?
Some of you had birthdays I most likely would have missed anyway, but Happy Belated Birthday! Some of you birthed babies, congrats! Some of you moved, sorry I didn't volunteer to help. Some of you or your families underwent medical procedures, and I missed praying for you (although some of you were already in my prayers). Some of you ranted about things that either would have randomly garnished a like or an immediate “unfollow friend,” depending on my mood. There were lots of articles posted, most of which I would have only read the headline ignorant to the fact the article was bogus. Some I would have shared anyway. Many of you posted the best pictures of your family whether they reflected reality or not, I would have done the same. Many of you posted pictures of the elaborate Easter gifts you gave to your children, to which I would have groaned “when did Easter turn into Christmas?” as I stuffed my own children’s baskets with toys. Some things happened in the world that I missed because I didn't have my Facebook newsfeed to tell me. Some people were forgotten because I missed their posts about what they had for dinner. I, myself, ate numerous delicious healthy meals that I was unable to tell my Facebook friends about.
Here are some random status updates I might have posted had I been on Facebook:
- This stuff is great. Like should be illegal great… #nutritionalcleansing
- Hiking in North Carolina sans kids:
- No Parking In The Comfort Zone:
- I never thought I’d say this: I am loving the two day fasting cleanse!
- Anybody want to go to Book Con with me this year?
- ISO: Excitement
- I heart e-shots!
- Who wants to do Crossfit with me?
- Date night on the slopes:
- Day 30: 9 lbs and 19+ inches gone!
- Loving #30daysofyoga with Adriene!
- Hitting the slopes on April 1st. No joke!
- This Walking Dead show is kinda good. Who knew?
- Do you people know there is this thing called Netflix in which you can watch entire seasons of one show in a single night? #walkingdead Feeling tired.
I am back in full swing Facebook time suck mode, so news will not go unshared! And, hopefully, I will get back to writing and this blog with the same vigor. Until then...
If you like this random list, here are some other blogs you might enjoy:
- It’s How I Was Raised
- It’s In My Purse
- Distracted By Facebook Again, Why oh Why
- Did I Really Just Say That? #thingsmomssay
- 36 (or so) Reasons Why I Will Never Be A Professional Writer
- 36 (or so) Reasons Why I Will Need To Be A Professional Writer